Robinson College intends to maintain a lifelong relationship with you. Your personal information is securely held within the College and will be used only for the benefit of Robinson College and its members. Robinson College is the data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998 in respect of your personal data, which is collected for the following purposes: the data will be used for a range of alumni relations activities, fundraising programmes (which may include direct marketing), and the sending of College publications and the promotion of benefits and services available to alumni. Very occasionally the College may disclose your personal data to individuals located outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who assist with the purposes set out above for the benefit of Robinson. These individuals include alumni volunteers organising events or engaged in fundraising. By providing your details you consent to the transfer of those details.
Full details of our management of your personal data and your rights are outlined in full in our data protection statement at: http://www.robinson.cam.ac.uk/alumni/data-protection
If you have concerns or questions about how we manage your personal data, or how we will use your contribution, please contact us using the details below.
Notes on Gift Aid
- If your declaration covers donations you make in the future:
Please notify the charity if you change your name or address while the declaration is still in force
You can cancel the declaration at any time by notifying the charity - it will then not apply to donations you make on or after the date of cancellation, or such later date as you specify.
- You must pay an amount of income tax and/or capital gains tax at least equal to the tax that the charity reclaims on your donation in the tax year.
- If in the future your circumstances change and you no longer pay tax on your income and capital gains equal to the tax that the charity reclaims, you can cancel your declaration (see note 1).
- If you pay tax at the higher rate you can claim further tax relief in your Self Assessment tax return.
- If you are unsure whether your donations qualify for Gift Aid tax relief, ask the charity. Or you can ask your local tax officer for leaflet IR113 Gift Aid