How to Get to Robinson College
Robinson is situated in Grange Road, close to the centre of Cambridge. Grange Road runs between Barton Road and Madingley Road and is parallel to Queens' Road (the 'Backs').
The best way to approach the College by road from the north, south or east is from Junction 12 of the M11.
Directions by Road
From Junction 12 of the M11, the A603 towards Cambridge
- Take the A603 (Barton Road) towards Cambridge.
- Continue straight and enter the 30 mph zone.
- Pass Wolfson College on the left.
- There are two sets of traffic lights with pedestrian crossings. Grange Road is the turning on the left, directly after the second pedestrian crossing.
- As you approach Robinson, you will pass the CU Rugby Ground on the left.
- After this, the next turning on the left will be Herschel Road. Robinson College is the redbrick college on the left, on the corner of Grange Road and Herschel Road.
From the North (A14)
- From the M6/M1 (Junction 19) interchange join the A14 (signposted to Kettering)
- Follow the a14 past Kettering and Huntingdon towards Cambridge
- From the A1 at Brampton roundabout exit towards Harwich, Felixstowe, Cambridge, March
- Continue to follow signs to Cambridge on the A14
- Get in lane for A14 East
- At roundabout take the fourth exit to Cambridge and Stansted
- Continue to follow signs for Cambridge
- After Junction 30 get in lane for M11
- Merge into the M11 following the signs to London
- Leave the motorway at Junction 12
- Follow the directions from the M11, Junction 12
From the South (A10)
- Take the 1st exit on the roundabout. Follow the signpost 'M11 The North, Huntingdon (A14), Bedford (A428), Ely (A10)' turn left and join the M11.
- Leave the motorway at the next exit, Junction 12 signposted 'Cambridge, Sandy and the A603'.
- Take the A603 in the direction of Cambridge (to the right).
- Follow the directions from the M11, Junction 12.
From the West (A428 from Bedford)
- Along the A428 from Bedford and St Neots take the exit for the A1303, signposted for the M11 London.
- Passing the American Cemetery on the left, continue straight on at the traffic lights.
- Pass the turning for the M11 to London on your right.
- At the next traffic lights the Madingley Road 'Park and Ride' is on your left, continue straight on.
- There are a set of traffic lights at a pedestrian crossing. Immediately after these get into the right hand lane.
- Turn right into Grange Road at the next set of traffic lights.
- Once in Grange Road pass Clarkson Road on your right and continue for about 0.5 mile.
- Robinson College is located 0.4 miles down Grange Road on the right hand side, situated between Adams Road and Herschel Road.
From Market Square in the town centre
- Go past Great St Mary's, heading towards Senate House.
- Follow Senate House Passage, then turn right onto Trinity Lane.
- Turn left 30 yards later onto Garret Hostel Lane.
- Continue over the footbridge until you reach Queens' Road.
- Cross Queens' Road and continue on the footpath running past the University Library.
- Arrive on Grange Road, directly opposite Robinson College.
Here are two links to a good route planners:
Our postcode is CB3 9AN.