Just a quick email this week reminding you of all things GREEN coming up in the next few weeks - please do get involved!
If you haven’t yet seen, Robinson is holding a FREE FILM SCREENING of Demain (‘Tomorrow’) along with the University French Society. The film will be held on the 10th March, 7.30-10.30. Please join us for an uplifting and inspiring documentary on climate change, and support Robinson’s sustainability efforts (there may be free food…!). Please visit our Facebook event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/332021837316828/
Other events happening in and around Cambridge:
 - WHAT IS DIVESTMENT AND HOW DO I DO IT? - 6th Feb, 7-8pm, Selwyn College Bar: Go along and find out about divestment and what it means within college, within the global divest movement and activism more broadly! Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1795572783815678/
 - PINK WEEK VEGAN SUPPER CLUB - 7th Feb, 7-9.30, Hot Numbers Cambridge (*Gwydir Street*): Enjoy a wonderful vegan meal with some wonderful people and raise money for Pink Week charities at the same time. Definitely look out for any extra tickets floating around as the event comes up this week! Don’t miss out!! Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/619836048407958/
 - CAMBRIDGE CLIMATE AND SUSTAINABILITY FORUM 2018 - 10th Feb, 10-4, The Union: A one-day event to increase awareness of climate change, sustainability and 21st Century environmental issues, with high profile speakers and a FREE VEGAN LUNCH! Go and grab the last remaining tickets - it’s sure to be a very interesting event. Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/152398708728213/
 - PANCAKE EXTRAVAGANZA (Veganised Pancake Day) - 11th Feb, 12-2, Jesus College: ‘Unbridled pancake madness!’ - bring a plate and cutlery as well as any toppings you want & a £1 voluntary donation. Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/836056353243273/
 - UNIVERSAL BASIC INCOME WITH NATALIE BENNETT - 27th Feb, 7.30-9.15, The Blue Moon: If you’re interested in politics/environmentalism then this may be an interesting event run by Skeptics in the Pub. Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/339589906455150/
TRANSITION CAMBRIDGE EVENT: Saturday 17 February: Arbury Swap, Collect and Fix-fest - 11:00-16:30, Arbury Community Centre, Campkin Road,CB4 2LD
'The Arbury Swap, Collect and Fix Fest is all about promoting repair and reuse, offering people several ways to deal with their unwanted items - household items that may be destined for the tip might instead go on the give-and-take shelf, pre-loved clothes might be swapped for 'new-to-you' ones, and malfunctioning appliances could be fixed by a local engineer or sewing-whizz who's donating their time to the Repair Cafe.
- 11am - 12:30pm Children's and women's clothes swap
- 1:30pm - 4:30pm Arbury Repair Cafe
- 1:30pm and 3pm Screenings of short films in the 'Story of Stuff' series as part of the 'Films for Our Future' festival.
- All day: The City Rangers will be collecting bulky items from people's homes. Veolia will supply skips, bins and cages for unwanted items. There'll be a give-and-take shelf and
stalls from local organisations.'
I hope you find something here of interest, and again, please let me know if you have any questions/ideas/general green interest you want to talk about!
Lots of love,
Alice Gilderdale :)