Thursday 6th July or Friday 7th July 2017
The best way to get a feel for what Robinson College and the University of Cambridge have to offer is to come to an Open Day. Open Days are large events where you will have the chance to meet and talk to members of staff, Directors of Studies or a Teaching Fellow in the subject or subjects that interest you. You can also look around the College, have lunch in the Garden Restaurant and meet current students.
There will be plenty of opportunities to ask all the questions that you have and to find out all you need to know to decide if Robinson and Cambridge University are right for you.
Please not that there is no dress code for the Open Days at Robinson; you are encouraged to dress comfortably.
- 8.00am Information stand open and tours available for 'drop in' visitors all day
- 9.45am - 10.15am Registration and refreshments on arrival for booked visitors
- 10.15am - 10.45am Welcome from the Admissions Tutor, Dr David Woodman
- 10.45am - 11.15am Cambridge Interviews
- 11.15am - 12.20pm Subject Specific Sessions for students and teachers led by Directors of Studies or Teaching Fellows and undergraduates of the College for detailed discussions about our courses
- 11.15am - 12.20pm Parents' session (with a focus on Student Finance)
- 12.20pm - 1.00pm Lunch in the dining hall for students, parents and teachers
- 1.00pm - 4.30pm Tours of College with undergraduate students
- 2.00pm - 5.00pm The Admissions Tutor and Admissions Coordinator will be available on site for individual queries
Visitors can then go on to Faculty/Department Open Days which coincide with our event.
We aim to offer academic sessions in all of the subjects available (listed below), led by our Director of Studies or a Teaching Fellow. The Open Days tie in with the University Arts & Sciences Open Days.
- Anglo-Saxon, Norse & Celtic
- Asian & Middle Eastern Studies
- Computer Science
- Engineering / Chemical Engineering
- Human, Social and Political Sciences
- Land Economy
- Mathematics (including Maths with Physics)
- Modern Languages
- Natural Sciences (Biological)
- Natural Sciences (Physical)
- Psychological and Behavioural Sciences
- Theology & Religious Studies
- Veterinary Medicine
A limited number of rooms are available for the night before the July Open Days for students only who are unable to make the journey in one day. If you require accommodation, which is available on a bed and breakfast basis, you should tick the relevant box on the booking form and follow the instructions on how to pay on-line, the charge is £20.00 per person. This sum is non-refundable if you cancel your accommodation booking. As the number of rooms available is strictly limited, we regret that no accommodation can be provided for parents, those not attending the event, such as coach drivers, or for visitors who wish to stay in Cambridge for other Open Days.
Arriving by car
Despite being a relatively small city, Cambridge suffers disproportionately from traffic congestion. There is also a complex network of one way roads in the city centre. It is best to approach Robinson College from the west and to allow 30 minutes to find a suitable parking place.
On weekdays there is a bus service, the Uni 4, which stops outside the College on Grange Road. It runs every 20 minutes from the Madingley Road Park and Ride near junction 13 on the M11. Because it is only possible to exit from the M11 at junction 13 from the northbound carriage way, if you are travelling from the north, you will need to leave the M11 at junction 12 and retrace your steps to junction 13.
The College has an arrangement with the University whereby parking can be pre-booked at the Wilberforce Road Sports Ground for a limited number of minibuses or cars. The charge for this is £7.00 per day. If you require parking you should tick the relevant box on the booking form and provide details of your vehicle and registration number and follow the instructions on how to pay on-line. Upon receipt of payment a parking permit and map will be sent to you. The parking fee is non-refundable if you cancel your booking.