Saturday 28th April 2018
The best way to get a feel for what Robinson College and the University of Cambridge have to offer is to come and visit us on an open day. The Mathematics open day is designed specifically for those who are considering applying to study Mathematics at Robinson College and the University of Cambridge.
In the morning, you will have the chance to talk to the Director of Studies in Mathematics and to meet current Mathematics undergraduates at Robinson College. You will be able to take a tour of the College, eat lunch with us, and make a brief visit to the Centre for Mathematical Sciences, which is a brisk ten minute walk from Robinson. The Mathematics Faculty organises a programme of events in the afternoon. There will be plenty of opportunities to ask all the questions that you have and to find out all you need to know to help you decide if Robinson College and Cambridge University are right for you.
- 11.00am Welcome and Introductory talk with the Director of Studies in Mathematics
- 11.40am Question and Answer time with the Director of Studies in Mathematics and current Mathematics undergraduates
- 12noon College tour
- 12.20pm Lunch for students and parents in the Dining Hall
- 1.00pm Optional visit to the Centre for Mathematical Sciences
- 2.00pm Students and their parents will be escorted to the Lady Mitchell Hall for the Mathematics Faculty arranged events.
How to book
- Please email the Admissions office your name and school name and how many are to attend.
- Parents and Guardians are very welcome to attend the Mathematics Open Day; please let us know how many will attend with you (if any).
- When you book you agree to the processing of your personal data (as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998) by Robinson College and the University of Cambridge.
- We will confirm your booking by email and will notify you if there are any changes to the provisional programme.
- Cancellation: please do try and tell us if you are no longer able or no longer wish to attend by emailing or telephoning the Admissions Office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 01223 339143). A reserve list operates and we may be able to give your place to someone else.
Arriving by Car
Despite being a relatively small city, Cambridge suffers disproportionately from traffic congestion. There is also a complex network of one way roads in the city centre. It is best to approach Robinson College from the west and to allow 30 minutes to find a suitable parking place. Allow at least 45 minutes if you wish to use the Park and Ride facilities in Cambridge and walk from the city centre bus station.