The College is seeking to appoint a full time Housekeeping Operations Manager to work alongside the Housekeeping Manager. The Housekeeping Operations Manager has management responsibility for housekeeping matters, maintaining at all times the highest standards of housekeeping, cleanliness and presentation of rooms throughout the College. This is a crucial role within the Housekeeping Department and we are looking for someone with experience of managing a housekeeping department or function.
The primary responsibilities are motivating and developing the Housekeeping staff, managing departmental costs in order to achieve the main purpose within budget and ensuring compliance with all legal instruments that affect the departmental operation.
The ability to work flexibly is essential. The normal working pattern is 7.30am to 4pm and working days will be any 5 out of 7 according to business demands. There may be the need to work some additional hours during the week or at weekends, and the post participates in the on-call out of hours rota.
The successful applicant must be passionate about maintaining the highest standards, with a motivating attitude that inspires others. You will need to be well-organised and have a ‘can-do’ approach to all areas of the role including a willingness to role your sleeves up when necessary. Excellent communication skills are essential along with demonstrable housekeeping operations experience.
Benefits of the role include:
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, increasing with length of service up to an additional 5 days
- Uniform provided
- Contributory auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Employee Assistance Programme and wellbeing support
- Free lunch in College for qualifying employees
- Enhanced sick pay after qualifying period
- Enhanced family friendly pay after qualifying period
- Access to a benefits website which provides savings and discounts on a wide variety of purchases, as well as days out, gift cards and other offers
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Free parking may be available subject to capacity
- Access to University Card with subsidised travel on U bus between Madingley Road Park and Ride or Cambridge Train Station and the College
For an informal chat please contact Julie Allen, Housekeeping Manager on 01223 768901 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position, please complete the short application form and send to us along with your most recent CV and a covering letter outlining your interest in the position. Please send this by email to email@example.com or posted to HR Team, Robinson College, Cambridge, CB3 9AN.
We will assess applications as they are submitted and reserve the right to close the vacancy when we have received a shortlist of applicants who meet the criteria, therefore please do not delay in submitting your application.