The College is seeking to appoint a part time Housekeeping Team Leader (Lead) to work 32 hours per week. You will work over a 7 day working week as per the rota set by your line manager. The shifts will usually be rostered for 5 days per week.
Flexible working will be required to cover a variety of shifts that will typically be 8.5 hours long, between the hours of 5am and 8pm. The primary start time is usually 5am but this will at times vary.
The College has a very busy Conference trade, therefore the flexibility to carry out some additional hours is essential.
The successful applicant must be passionate about cleaning, with a motivating attitude that inspires others. You must be able to work well as part of a team and be committed to delivering the highest level of housekeeping. You will need to be well-organised and have a ‘can-do’ approach to all areas of the role. Experience of supervising others is preferred and excellent communication skills are essential.
Your role will be an operational team leader working alongside staff to clean the College and lead a team of cleaning staff, in the absence of the supervisors and Manager/Deputy Manager, undertaking inspections of the site and ensuring staff are working productively and safely.
Benefits of the role include:
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time appointments), increasing with length of service up to an additional 5 days
- Uniform provided
- Contributory auto-enrolment pension scheme Death in service benefit (to be introduced shortly)
- Free lunch in College for qualifying employees
- Enhanced sick pay after qualifying period
- Enhanced family friendly pay after qualifying period
- Access to a benefits website which provides savings and discounts on a wide variety of purchases, as well as days out, gift cards and other offers
- Cycle to Work scheme Training and development opportunities
- Free parking may be available subject to capacity
- Access to University Card with subsidised travel on U bus between Madingley Road Park and Ride or Cambridge Train Station and the College
For an informal chat please contact Leah Cook, Deputy Housekeeping Manager on 01223 768902 or email: email@example.com
Completed applications should be posted to Amy Osborne, HR Coordinator, Robinson College, Cambridge, CB3 9AN or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.