Bookings are now open for the Robinson College Subject Masterclasses, which will be held on Thursday 6th February 2020 for STEM Subjects and Thursday 13th February 2020 for Arts and Social Sciences Subjects (approx 10am-4pm). They provide academically-able Year 12 students studying at state-maintained schools with the opportunity to explore a subject they are interested in studying at university and may not have previously experienced. With several subject events being held on the same day, each event includes an introduction to the admissions process, two subject specific academic sessions (lectures and supervision style session), a college tour and a chance to ask questions to current Robinson students. Throughout the day there will also the chance to hear about student life from current undergraduates.
The event is free of charge and will include refreshments and lunch.
Robinson College is committed to ensuring that there are no barriers to prevent our link area students from taking part in the masterclasses so there is some funding available for transport costs for students who attend state schools in Gloucestershire, Swindon, Wiltshire and the London Borough of Wandsworth.
STEM Subjects (Thursday 6th February)
- Physical Sciences (Physics and Engineering)
- Biological Natural Sciences
- Psychological and Behavioural Sciences
Arts and Social Sciences Subjects (Thursday 13th February)
- Modern and Medieval Languages (MML)
- Economics and Land Economy
- Social Sciences (HSPS and Geography)
Students may put down a first choice and a second choice of subject although only one may be taken on the day.
Bookings are now open, please use either the individual booking form below if you are a student submitting an application for yourself, or e-mail the School Liaison Officer if you are a teacher who would like to make a group booking on behalf of students at your school. Please note, the maximum number of places per school is 10.
Individual Booking form:
STEM Masterclasses (6th February 2020): Bookings for this event have now closed. If you are still interested in STEM Subject Masterclass, the Cambridge Admissions Office run their own programme of events, for more information see here: https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/events/masterclasses
Arts and Social Sciences Masterclasses (13th February 2020): https://cambridge.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5sBqWIDDleB5K85
Please note, if we receive a very large number of bookings we may decide to close this event before the advertised date, so we recommend booking as soon as possible. For School group bookings: Please e-mail the School Liaison and Outreach Officer on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the event is oversubscribed, priority will be given based on A-Level (or equivalent) predicted grades and whether students meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Have no parental history of higher education
- Live in neighborhoods with low overall progression to higher education
- Have lived, or are currently living, in local authority care
- Have been eligible for free school meals within the past six years
- Are from an ethnic group currently underrepresented at Cambridge
- Have a disability
- Attend a state-maintained school or sixth form college
- Attend a school in one of Robinson College's Link Areas (Gloucestershire, Swindon, Wiltshire, London Borough of Wandsworth
Bookings will close at 12 noon on Monday 13 January.