What’s the best route to the job you want in Financial Services? Come and find out at Robinson's first Financial Services Careers Evening on Thursday 21st November in the Crausaz Wordsworth Building. Our fantastic panel of speakers, all of whom studied at Robinson, will provide inspiration and insight into careers in Financial Services (with a focus on investment services), and a small selection of firms will offer advice about insight weeks, internships and graduate recruitment opportunities.
- Bridget Guerin (History, 1980),(Chair), formerly of Matrix Group, now has a broad portfolio of Non Execs, including Charles Stanley and investment trusts, VCTs and hedge funds
- Talbot Stark (Management Studies, 1992), Global Head of Institutional Sales at BNP Paribas
- Charles Prideaux (English, 1985), Global Head of Product and Solutions at Schroders
- Dr Joo Hee Lee (Chemistry, 1992), Multi Asset Solutions Manager at Newton
- Louise de Paepe (Land Economy, 2015), currently pursuing a MSc in Economics and Social Sciences
To view our speaker's biographies, please click here.
Our speakers will share their combined experience in the field of Financial Services, talk about their pathways to success and give guidance on the best route to the job you want in Financial Services. In the course of the panel discussion, you will get a better understanding of how to build your profile so that employers want you, and how to make a good impression on paper and in person.
There will also be opportunities to talk to our speakers informally over drinks, and during a speed mentoring session that draws the evening to a close.
This event is open to all Robinson College and Cambridge students. Whether you wish to boost your commercial awareness, learn more about a career in Financial Services, or simply wish to enjoy what promises to be a fascinating discussion, this event should not be missed.
Please book your attendance at this event via this link by 17th November, or sooner, as we expect this event to be popular and spaces are limited. If you are unable to attend the panel discussion but still wish to drop in for the networking afterwards then feel free to do so. We look forward to seeing you there!
Programme for the evening:
- 6-7pm: Introductory drinks and food, recruitment fair
- 7-8pm: Panel discussion with Q&A
- 8-9pm: Speed networking session with panel speakers, drinks