Open all day for light food and hot and cold beverages with a bar operation in the evenings, the Red Brick Café Bar is situated on Long Court, between the Dining Hall Balcony and the JCR. Conveniently located in the heart of the College, open if you miss breakfast, throughout the day to take in an afternoon snack or evening supper, and with large flat screen TV, daily papers, wifi, comfy sofas and a cosy environment, this is the ideal hub for friends to gather and catch up. We look forward to seeing you often.
The RBCB is open throughout the day during term time.
|Full Term time|
|Monday-Thursday||9:30am - 11:00pm|
|Friday||9:30am - 11:00pm|
|Saturday||11:00am - 11:00pm|
|Sunday||11:00am - 11:00pm|
|Out of Full Term time|
|The college operates as a conference venue and for part of every vacation is closed. The hours of operation will vary during this period and notices will be put up to advertise the relevant hours. Please check the News and Updates page for information|
What we offer
Emergency Supplies (available from the Red Brick Cafe)
The Red Brick Cafe offers many grocery items for salem if you are short of the basics, call on us to stock up!
250g Cheddar cheese (suitable for vegetarians)
Semi-skimmed milk (500ml)
6 slices of bread (brown or white)
6 eggs (standard size)
and many more.....
Our full range is available to eat in or take-away.
- Speciality Hot beverages - Espresso based coffees, selection of Teas, Imported Italian Hot Chocolate, both milk and white!
- Speciality Cold drinks - Café frappé, Milkshakes, Smoothies, Juice Burst drinks plus all your usual favorites.
- All day lite-bites - Panini, wraps, sandwiches and sushi. Also Salads and yoghurts
- Evening suppers – Chef’s choice of dishes every Saturday and Sunday night from 6pm
- Freshly baked pizza – variety of toppings available every evening from 6.00pm.
- Desserts, cakes, confectionery - Homemade cakes, muffins, freshly baked cookies, tray-bakes, flapjacks plus your Mars and Cadbury favorites
- Fresh fruit
- Crisps - and other delectable's
- Bar Drinks - Fully licensed and fully stocked including Seasonal drinks and a cocktail menu.
- Vending machines - There is also a cold drinks vending machines outside the JCR.
- There is also video quiz machines along with a pool table and table football. A large screen is available to show sporting and other events, which will be advertised. We also have a very reasonably priced Jukebox
- During the term promotions on certain products will take place in conjunction with the RCSA Ents committee and at the discretion of the Bar Manager. These will be advertised.
As we are here to sell our range, we ask that you don’t bring food or drink from elsewhere to consume in the RBCB. However, we also know that you may, from time to time, want to celebrate a special occasion, maybe with a cake. Please let us know that you are coming so that we can be prepared to welcome you, but please bear in mind that there may be occasions when this isn’t possible and the supervisor on duty will need to make the final decision.
Paying for drinks and food in the RBCB
As well as your University Card to pay for food using your food purse, you may use a debit card. You can also pay for bar/alcoholic drinks, provided that you have topped-up your bar purse. Food purchases are taken off your food purse, whilst bar drinks come off your bar purse. You cannot transfer credit between purses. For more information on topping-up and for general information about use of your card, please refer to Paying for meals taken in College.
Please refrain from bringing your own drinks and food into the Red Brick Café Bar or nay of the associated seating areas (Dining Hall /Balcony), alcoholic and non-alcoholic. If you are seen doing so you will be asked to take them away from the bar.
Cheques & Debit Cards
Personal cheques are not accepted.
Debit cards may be used to load your card with credit, subject to a minimum £10.00 top-up spend, or £5 minimum contactless payment. Debit cards may not be used for incidental purchases of drinks or food as the amounts are generally too small.