If you would like to be notified when applications for the 2023 Women in Science Festival open, please do so via this link: https://cambridge.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1QXHsl7eMlesRVA.
What is the Women in Science Festival?
The Women in Science Festival (WiSF) is an annual event run by Robinson College designed to inspire and encourage female students to pursue scientific study at university, and to apply to Cambridge and to Robinson should they so wish.
The 2023 Festival will be held at Robinson College, one of the Colleges that form the University of Cambridge, as a residential event from the afternoon of Thursday 13 April to the afternoon of Friday 14 April. The event will involve talks and sessions delivered by members of our science community here at Robinson, alongside admissions information and exploration of the College, Cambridge, and science departments.
Who is it for?
The WiSF is open to all female students currently in Year 11 and Year 12 (or equivalent). We welcome registrants from all schools in the UK.
If the programme is oversubscribed, we will prioritise applicants who:
- Have an academic profile (e.g. subjects studied, predicted grades) suitable for progression to Cambridge or other high-tariff universities.
- Have at any time been under the care of a Local Authority.
- Are currently eligible for Free School Meals, or who have been eligible for Free School Meals in the last 6 years.
- Are currently attending a school with low progression rates to higher-tariff universities.
- Are the first in their immediate family to attend university.
- Have home postcodes in areas with low local participation in Higher Education (POLAR4 quintiles 1 and 2).
- Have home postcodes in areas of high socio-economic deprivation (IMD quintiles 1 and 2).
- Are from an ethnic background currently under-represented at the University of Cambridge (Black African, Black Caribbean, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Arab, Roma, or Traveller).
- Live or attend a school in our link areas of Swindon, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire or the London Borough of Wandsworth.
How do I apply?
Registration for the 2023 Women in Science Festival is not yet open. You can register to be notified when they open by submitting this form.