The 2018 Alumni Open Weekend, 24th/25th March: open to all Alumni
Programme Now includes Live Screening of The Boat Race
The Annual Alumni Open Weekend at Robinson College is a great opportunity to come back to Cambridge to revisit your old haunts, and meet your friends, colleagues and Fellows whom you have never forgotten, but may not have seen for a long time.
We will start our weekend with a buffet lunch open to *all* alumni and their families at 12.30 served at Plenary Room of Crausaz Wordsworth Building. LUNCH CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF BOOKINGS
The Pegasus Alumni Society Annual General Meeting, will take place in The Crausaz Wordsworth Building at 14.00.
The Alumni Forum is at 15.00 on “LIFE IN JOURNALISM: FAKE NEWS AND ALTERNATIVE FACTS”
- Rebecca John, (1989, Modern Languages), Broadcaster and Journalist
- Jonathan Fowler (1987, History) Chief of Communications, Information and Outreach, UN Conference of Trade and Development
- Professor Tim Luckhurst, (1980, History) Head of Centre for Journalism, Director of KM television,
share their memories and talk about their careers together with the challenges facing journalism, with opportunity for discussion and questions at 16.00.
Prior to the Alumni Forum, those alumni and their families who choose to go on a field trip will visit the North West Cambridge Development - The University of Cambridge’s brand new district and extension to the city, centered around a mixed academic and urban community. Please visit the North West Cambridge Development website: http://www.nwcambridge.co.uk/.
TOUR CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF BOOKINGS
Those of alumni and their families who choose to stay in town, can participate in the final weekend of the 2018 Cambridge Science Festival which will still be on and will offer you a chance, if you wish, to enjoy some of the events and sessions scheduled in the Festival.
Please visit the Cambridge Science Festival website: http://www.sciencefestival.cam.ac.uk/
16.30 – 18.00 Live Screening of Boat Race Red Brick Café/College Bar (Refreshments available)
16.31 The Cancer Research UK Women's Boat Race.
16.46 Osiris v Blondie Boat Race. The Women's Reserve Boat Race.
17.01 Isis v Goldie Boat Race. The Men's Reserve Boat Race.
17.32 The Cancer Research UK Men's Boat Race
The 2018 Open Alumni Dinner for all alumni and their adult guests starts with drinks at 19.00 on Hall Balcony and the dinner served at 19.30 in College Hall. The Open Alumni Dinner is for any and all alumni every year, where group tables can be reserved in advance e.g. a group of friends, sports group, subject group and within or across the years.
Bed and breakfast accommodation is available on both Friday and Saturday nights in single and twin rooms. The number of twin rooms is limited and they will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
A Biography Booklet will be produced containing personal profiles and photographs from those alumni who would like to share this information with other guests. Please submit your information when booking the event on-line, or email a short biography and a photograph to email@example.com.
We sincerely hope you will put the weekend of 24th March 2018 in your busy diaries and will come to see us again and enjoy being here in the College, even though for a short while, with your friends, their families and other members of the College. Please book your visit to Robinson College and Cambridge now. Follow this link to make your booking. Bookings will stay open until 16th March 2018, however the number of twin rooms is limited, and they will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.
Please view the Programme for the 2018 Alumni Open Weekend.
Robinson College look forward to seeing you all here at spring 2018.
Dr Steve Trudgill Sarah Westwood
President Pegasus Alumni Society Director of Development
Buffet lunch: Adult - £12.74; Child (6-15 years): £6.00; Child (under 5): Free of charge
Dinner: £38.00 (including pre-dinner drinks, wine and soft drinks at dinner) for Robinson Pegasus Alumni Society members and £40.00 (including pre-dinner drinks, wine and soft drinks at dinner) for their adult guests. We offer a discounted price of £19.00 to those whose annual income falls below £15,000 p.a.
Return bus transfer to North West Cambridge Development:
Adult - £8.50; Child (6-15 years): £4.50; Child (under 5): Free of charge
Accommodation: £41.60 per room, single occupancy; £78.20 per room, twin occupancy (Bed and Breakfast)
- For all alumni the costs of all the weekend’s events for both alumni and their guests are subsidised from Pegasus Alumni Society funds.
- Additionally those alumni who earn less than £15,000 p.a. can apply for a half-price ticket for the dinner and for accommodation for themselves the balance being funded from Pegasus Alumni Society Funds. The threshold sum is indicative rather than precise because it is especially hoped that this can encourage recent graduates to attend where for example they may be on a lower starting salary or doing further education, teacher training or postgraduate courses.
- Furthermore this year we have an additional small subsidy from Pegasus Funds for alumni for the dinner ticket. This is provisional for this year and we will appreciate any feedback on this so we can discuss at the AGM whether to continue, increase or not have such a differential.