Skip to main content


What costs are covered in the Residence Charge?
The Residence Charge covers the rent of the room, the services of a bedmaker, 2 pillows, duvet, mattress protector, furniture, hot water, network use, access to a kitchen for snack preparation, heating and electricity.  NB The College does not provide any linen or towels.  We suggest you bring 2 or 3 sets of linen (2 pillow cases, 1 single sheet, 1 duvet cover) plus towelling.  Linen packs are available for purchase which can be ordered on-line here.

Can I live out of College Accommodation?
Postgraduates can choose to find their own accommodation in Cambridge.  You may find the following website helpful:

How much notice do I need to give if I wish to live out?
Postgraduates are required to sign an Occupancy Agreement for either three terms (Michaelmas, Lent and Easter) or 50 weeks (18 September 2021-03 September 2022). If an occupant wishes to move out they are required to give at least one full term’s notice, except in the summer Long Vacation Term, when 4 weeks’ notice is required. Full details of the notice requirements are included in the Occupancy Agreement.

Can I have a fridge in my room? Can I put posters on the walls?
See Information for Junior Members - see Accommodation Section

Is insurance provided?
The College provides a basic insurance for student possessions kept in their room through Endsleigh insurance. Please note this does not include bicycles, mobile phones or laptops outside the College room. For more information, please see the following links:  

Certificate of Insurance 2023-2024

What other facilities are provided?
Rooms, bathrooms and communal areas are generally cleaned once a week. Washing machines and driers are available in most graduate buildings. There are launderette facilities on site in the Main College Building and at 4 Adams Road. These facilities are operated by an external contractor and you will need to download their app to pay and operate the facilities. For further information see the Laundry Manual.  For those who have cards that were used for the old machines, you can transfer the balance from your card to the app.  For further advice, please contact the Porters Lodge.

Is there a Smoking Policy?
Yes. Smoking is not permitted in any private or public room of the College, nor on any staircase, hallway, walkway or balcony. However, there are certain exceptions. Please see Information for Junior Members Smoking Section for more details.

Is accommodation available for couples?
The College has 2 small flats suitable for graduates with partners; these are for graduate students only and are allocated by ballot; the flats are not suitable for children. There are no College crèche facilities and no accommodation for students with children.

Who can I contact for further information?
Please contact the Accommodation Officer.

Does the College adhere to any code of practice with regard to accommodation?

Yes, we adhere to ANUK National Code of Standards for larger student developments. Here is our current ANUK certificate