Skip to main content

Gifts from Overseas

Tax Efficient Giving to Robinson from Overseas

Robinson is a registered charity (no 1137494) and so donors who pay tax in the UK, USA or Canada can make gifts to Robinson College tax-efficiently.

Giving from the USA

Residents and taxpayers of the USA can make a tax-efficient gift to support Robinson College through Cambridge in America (CAm). Cambridge in America is a registered 501(C)3 organisation, which enables American donors to give tax efficiently for the benefit of the University and the colleges.

There are a variety of ways to make a gift to Robinson College through Cambridge in America:

  • Gifts can be made online via CAm's secure website.
  • Cheques should be made payable to Cambridge in America. Please be sure to indicate the purpose of the gift on the cheque or in an accompanying letter or donation form.

Please note in your correspondence that you would like the Directors of Cambridge in America to exercise their discretion and allocate your gift to support Robinson College.

Tax Efficient Giving from Canada

In order for a charitable gift to be tax-deductible in Canada, it must be to a ‘prescribed university outside Canada’. The University of Cambridge is prescribed for this purpose in the Canadian Tax Code.  We will forward a tax receipt acceptable to the Canadian tax authorities, prepared by the University, on receipt of your gift.

Please kindly inform us when you make your donation that you would like a receipt for Canadian tax purposes.

Giving from Europe

Transnational Giving Europe (TGE), run by the Charities Aid Foundation ( and partner organisations, is a network of national organisations allowing donors from these countries to support Robinson while benefitting from all of the tax advantages of making a charitable donation.  Donors wishing to take advantage of the service offered by TGE make their gift to their home-country foundation which then provides the donor with a tax receipt and transfers the gift to Robinson. It would be helpful if you could inform the Development Office of your intentions to make a gift so that we can ensure that all of the necessary paperwork is complete. Contact the Development Office if you have any questions.